Selected Photo

Friday, July 13, 2012

Sing 4 The Trees


Ian Cooke
Sing4TheTrees.com encourages musicians to submit a song about the importance of our forests and the devastation they are going through. 


When I was asked to help promote the campaign for www.sing4thetrees.com, I jumped at the chance.  The devastation of Colorado's forests due to a tiny beetle infestation has been incredible.  The news of the Colorado forest fires, fueled to unstoppable conditions by the dead lumber, has reached homes all over the world.  This is my backyard, of course I couldn't look the other way.


I am partnering up with talented musicians from Colorado who offered to be my "models" to promote the campaign.  They didn't know I'd ask them to land on a desert island in the middle of Lake Dillon and then get pummeled by a hail storm.  But they were all troopers.  My thanks to Jen Korte, Mane Rok, Ian Cooke, Maria Kohler, and Rosalie Bianco for trusting me with my vision.

Maria Kohler

Mane Rok


Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell is judging the contest, and it was great to see him again after way too many years at the launch party. Honored to be working with like-minded individuals, and humbled by the challenge.  Together, we can make a difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment