Selected Photo

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kid in a Candy Store

Sometimes I have to pinch myself.  The people I meet.... the things I get to photograph...
I was commissioned by Eggen Violin Shop in Denver last week, and was given full access to all rooms, instruments, and wonderful people who keep the artistry of violin making alive. I spent hours learning how violins are made, repaired and tuned.  Yet, I feel like I just scratched the surface and want to know more about all the love that goes into each instrument.  Of course, I couldn't help myself and had to take a few artistic shots just for myself - I could spend weeks in this place and ask a million questions, and am so grateful I had the opportunity to photograph a very unique aspect of the music industry, one that is becoming increasingly rare...

Here's one of my favorite instruments.  If you are in the market for a new violin or cello, please visit Eggen first.  You will not be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment